last week i tried to re-build our xcopter. The model I definitively destroyed was assembled with the help of an expert in aircraft models (Walter Gilli). The mainboard is a kkMultiCopter Controller sold by kkmultikopter.kr, which is based on Rolf R Bakke's original PCB (public domain). the others parts are:
- 1 power distribution board,
- 1 lipo battery,
- 1 low voltage alarm
- 4 brushless outrunner motors,
- 4 ESCs (speed controller),
- 2 counter propellers,
- 2 noncounter propellers,
- some silicon wire pieces, connectors and leads,
- a homemade frame composed of 4 aluminum arms.
The first step was to create the electrical network using the power distribution board (picture below) which allows to transmit electricity from the lipo battery to the motors. A switch simplifies the turning on/off of the xcopter.
The second step was to create a plate where fix the mainboard and the receiver of the remote control. I modified an empty box of CD/DVD (picture below).
Then I started to remove the ESCs and the motors from the first prototype and to solder them into the new model (picture below).
I was careful to respect the order of the xcopter schema: type of propellers and rotation of the motors (picture below).
Finally I fixed the the mainboard and the receiver of the remote control on the CD/DVD box (picture below).
The picture below shows the "operating table" after the "transplant" procedure.