Wednesday, 17 October 2012

How many pictures could my laptop elaborate with the SfM/IBM technique (using PPT)?

Hi all,
I'm testing the potentialities of the SfM/IBM technique, progressively increasing the number of the pictures. It is my personal Guinness World Records. In the beginning my record was 100 images, then 105 and now ... 120.

I'm using the following hardware:

LAPTOP
Acer Aspire 5950G
Intel Core i7-2630QM 2GHz
8GB RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6850M

DIGITAL CAMERA
Nikon D70
3008 x 2000px

To reach the new record my laptop needed more or less 60 hours of calculation (maximum image resolution), but my work was only five minutes, the time i need to run Bundler and PMVS2 in PPT.

The result are amazing :)

The picture below show the structure i try to rebuild and ...


... the pictures below are some screenshot of the final model.




Have Fun!

BlogItalia - La directory italiana dei blog Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.